Discipline means education for a better future. There are different stages of child development towards a good education. The educators should know about the responsibility of such an education. You can use this essay sample or order a customized one online. Experienced professionals are writing essays for money 24/7 to ease your studying struggles.
Stages in Child Development
According to educators, there are several stages in the development of a child. The first stage represents the child’s time of imitating things around him. In early childhood, up to the age of seven, a child behaves by both empathy and imitation of the adults. The second stage starts around the age of seven, the moment when the child is losing the baby teeth. If educators teach the child intellectual subjects before the age of seven, they might cause much harm. More than that, the third stage begins at puberty up to the age of twenty-one.
In their relationship with the environment, the children bear two magic words in mind: Imitation and Example. According to, Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, men are the most imitative of all creatures. The children, who live in a warm and loving atmosphere, look around them to see a good example for their imitation. As for early childhood, it is important for the educators to know the value of songs according to their children’s age as a means of education.
Child Discipline and Education
Every teaching material must be according to the child’s age and disposition. If an educator comes before a class telling children parables, and treating them as intellectuals, the educator will be disappointed, as a parable has no effect upon them. The world governed by thought and its abstract concepts should be hidden during childhood. Educators must feel responsible when dealing with children, and their obligations should be:
- Ensuring the children’s rights;
- Observing the children’s level of performance;
- Directing children to appropriate activities;
- Making learning fun for children;
- Allowing children to make mistakes;
- Praising children for their success;
- Expanding their world through learning.
As for parents disciplining and educating their children, it is hard work. Parents should improve their discipline methods. Trying to discipline children is a real challenge. All in all, discipline is:
- Helping children learn to interact with their family and friends;
- Teaching children behave in an agreeable manner;
- Educating children through stories and songs;
- Educating children through good examples;
- Allowing children to learn from their mistakes;
- Interacting with children according to their age;
- Raising responsible and confident children;
- Helping children become independent and caring for the others.